Monday, January 11, 2010

Veggie Lunch: Potato Masala curry and Eggplant curry

Today was tough. I didn't think I could make it through. I was having severe meat cravings, but I forced myself to ignore them.

I bought veggies at Patel Bro.s food market (Parsippany NJ), and was amazed at how cheap it all was. I bought:

3 tomatoes
1 section of fresh ginger root
1 longish snakegourd
1 midsized eggplant
1 5lb bag of potatoes
1 sizeable jar of garam masala
1 jar of sweet lime pickle
6 green chillies
1 bag frozen lotus root

it came to $12 and change!!!!

And I cannot believe I found snakegourd and lotus root.

Anyway, I made potato and eggplant curry, and ate it with basmati rice and a dollop of the delicious Swad sweet lime pickle. It was YUMMY. That pickle was really really good, and really gave such pizazz to a lunch I was dreading. It was sweet, but tangy and hot. I sort of poured out the excess oil from the top of the jar. It has chilie seeds and lime rinds in it, which were great. So...no meat = no problem (for one more day).

Potatoes:



Eggplant:



Swad sweet lime pickle:

No comments:

Post a Comment